The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for December 17, 2013
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, December 17, 2013. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- Top 10 Selling Sports Card Hobby Boxes - Here's the latest list of the top-selling hobby boxes. A familiar name is the new number one.
- How to Store and Display McFarlane, Starting Lineups and Other Sports Figures - Sports figures from McFarlane, Starting Lineup, Enterbay, OYO, Hartland, Danbury Mint, and others carry a strong legion of followers. But what is the best way to protect them? We take a look at some of the best options.
- 2013 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection Football Cards - Upper Deck's latest football set is out today.
- 1988 Kenner Starting Lineup Baseball Figures - 1988 Kenner Starting Lineup Baseball figures launched a revolution in sports toys. Get a detailed look at the debut set, including a full checklist.
- Law of Cards: Topps Drops Trademark Application for the Letter V - Topps has abandoned its trademark application for the letter V in connection with its Valor line. Paul Lesko has the details.
- 2013 Topps Turkey Red Football Variations Guide - Get an updated look at all of the limited variations in 2013 Topps Turkey Red Football.
- Joe Flacco Cards and Autographed Memorabilia Guide - Comprehensive guide to buying Joe Flacco cards and autographed memorabilia. Includes a full rookie card checklist, autograph identifiers, analysis and more.
- Jim Thome Cards, Rookie Card Checklist, Autographed Memorabilia Guide - Guide to collecting Jim Thome’s baseball cards and memorabilia. Includes a rookie card checklist, autograph exemplars and more.
- Jeff Skinner Cards, Rookie Cards Checklist and Autograph Memorabilia Guide - Guide to collecting Jeff Skinner’s hockey cards. Includes a rookie card checklist, analysis, autographed memorabilia highlights and more.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2013-14 Prizm Basketball, The Knight's Lance
- Michael Jordan Mansion Fails to Sell at Auction, Washington Post