The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for August 28, 2014
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, August 28, 2014. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- Sorting Out the 2014 Topps Chrome Baseball Variations - Get full details on the 2014 Topps Chrome Baseball variations. See the entire set, side-by-side comparisons with the base cards, and more so you know exactly what to look for.
- Funko Pop Walking Dead Vinyl Figures and Exclusives Guide - Here's all you need to know about Funko Pop Walking Dead vinyl figures. Get a full checklist of figures, images, details on exclusives and more.
- 2013-14 Panini National Treasures Hockey Checklist - The full checklist is ready to go for Panini's hockey swan song (for now, at least).
- 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Wrapper Redemption Has Canadian Collectors Seeing Red - Find out what you need to do to participate in the 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Hockey wrapper redemption program and get free, exclusive cards.
- New England Patriots Collecting and Fan Guide - The New England Patriots are one of the best NFL teams from the last two decades and Tom Brady is one of the biggest stars in the hobby. View our complete guide to collecting the Patriots, including top players to collect, autographs, cards, jerseys and more.
- Law of Cards: Topps Sues Maker of Alleged Knock-Off Ring Pops - Ring Pops are a candy staple. Just don't go trying to making something that might be seen as too similar. Otherwise you'll end up in a legal tussle like Primary Colors who find themselves being sued by Topps.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Golden: Panini America Explores the Gilded Ink in 2013-14 Immaculate Basketball, The Knight's Lance
- Upper Deck Throwback Thursday Create the Caption Promotion: College Football Edition, Upper Deck Blog
- Topps Redemption Update - August 28th 2014, Topps