The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for August 21, 2014
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, August 21, 2014. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- 2014 Topps Football Variations Guide - After a couple of major updates, not only are all 109 variations posted, but they're joined by their base cards for easy reference.
- 2015 Topps Tribute Baseball Cards - 2015 Topps Tribute Baseball once again focuses on autographs and memorabilia of current and past stars. Boxes of the high-end product promise three on-card autographs and three memorabilia cards.
- 2015 Topps MLB Chipz - Back for a third year on the diamond, 2015 Topps MLB Chipz is an affordable oddball product that blends poker chips and baseball cards.
- 2014 Bowman Chome Mini Baseball Cards - 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Baseball is back for a second year as a factory set promising rookies, prospects and lots of Refractors. Each set has 330 cards plus at least 30 Refractors.
- Law of Cards: A Little Bit Late, Beckett Alleges COMC Breached Contract - Beckett is upping the ante in its ongoing lawsuit against COMC, now accusing them of breach on contract.
- Miami Heat Collecting and Fan Guide - The King is gone, by the Miami Heat still have enough talent to keep fans and collectors interested. View our complete collecting guide to the Heat, including cards, autographs, jerseys, game tickets and much more.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Late-Season Baseball Lineup Packing Punch with Newest Panini America Arrivals, The Knight's Lance
- Topps Redemption Update - August 21st 2014, Topps
- Dick Perez Paintings of Dodger Hall of Famers at Legendary Auctions , Dodgers Blue Heaven
- Mo'ne Davis Will Lose $100000 Because Of NCAA Compensation Rule, SportsGrid
- Vin Baker's gold medal from the 2000 Olympic games sells for $67K, FanSided