The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for April 28, 2014
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, April 28, 2014. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- Johnny Manziel Signs Exclusive Autographed Memorabilia Deal with Panini Authentic - The Panini Authentic stable of autograph exclusives is growing once again, this time with the addition of 2012 Heisman winner Johnny Manziel. Get details on the deal that covers signed memorabilia.
- 2014 Panini Golden Age Baseball Cards - Driven by nostalgia, 2014 Panini Golden Age Baseball promises an autograph and a memorabilia card per hobby box. Reaching beyond just baseball, the checklist also includes a broad mix of other sports, celebrities and historical figures.
- Law of Cards: Panini’s PREFERRED, CLASSICS Marks Rejected by Trademark Office - Panini’s trademark applications for Preferred and Classics have been rejected. Find out why this might be and what it means for the hobby.
- 2014 Panini Prizm World Cup Soccer Cards - Get the full checklist now ahead of next week's big release.
- 2014 Breygent American Horror Story Autographs Guide - Check out the entire set of 2014 Breygent American Horror Story Autographs. Get a full gallery, checklist, set info and more for both the basic and dual autographs.
- Martin St. Louis Cards, Rookie Cards and Autographed Memorabilia Guide - A gifted scorer and proven winner, Martin St. Louis cards and autographed memorabilia were somewhat overlooked in the past. Get a look at all of his rookie cards, other key cards, signed memorabilia and more.
- 2014 Topps Museum Collection Baseball Review - 2014 Topps Museum Collection is nice, but is it worth the hefty price tag? Here are our thoughts after busting a box.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Goldin Auctions Hosts Babe Ruth Memorabilia Sale, Haute Living