The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for January 23, 2015
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, January 23, 2015. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball Cards - 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball marks the brand’s tenth anniversary since its revival. Like it has for the past ten years, the product mixes old-time designs, wacky inserts, autographs and memorabilia.
- 2014 Topps Super Bowl XLIX Team Sets - The Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals and host Arizona Cardinals are featured in three online-exclusive 2014 Topps Super Bowl XLIX Team Sets. All of the cards are done in an over-sized format.
- Pau Gasol Rookie Card Checklist - When you play at an All-Star level for two high-profile franchises like the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers, people take notice. View a full Pau Gasol rookie card checklist and more in our detailed player profile.
- 1991 Topps Stadium Club Baseball Cards - 1991 Topps Stadium Club Baseball brought the card maker into the premium card market. The set is popular for its minimalist design that stresses stellar photography.
- 2015 Funko Avengers: Age of Ultron Mystery Minis - 2015 Funko Avengers: Age of Ultron Mystery Minis bring a blind box format to the blockbuster movie. The 12-figure lineup includes lots of heroes, a couple of villains and some who sit on the fence between good and evil.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- James Naismith's 1893 autographed basketball handbook sells for $17,686, MassLive
- Impulse Buys, Set Collecting, and the Art of Finding a Good Deal, Battlin' Bucs
- Gloves from Ali-Liston Fight at Auction, Sports Collectors Daily
- A Player Collector’s Dream, Wax Heaven 2.0