Get Your Jason Heyward Cards Before It’s Too Late!
If you haven't heard already, Jason Heyward hit a monster 3-run Home Run in his first Major League At Bat! The window is closing fast to get your Jason Heyward Auto before the price doubles on eBay. Below, I am going to show you some eBay strategies that should help give you a better chance of getting your hands on a decent priced Heyward.
Here Are My Top 10 Suggested Jason Heyward Cards:
(For the sake of our sanity, I will leave out the Heyward's that book over $500)
- 2007 Bowman Sterling Prospects Refractors #JH Jason Heyward AU/199 (BV=$300)
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects Blue Refractors #BCP121 Jason Heyward AU/150 (BV=$400)
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects X-Fractors #BCP121 Jason Heyward AU/250 (BV=$250)
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects Refractors #BCP121 Jason Heyward AU/500 (BV=$250)
- 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status #106 Jason Heyward AU /50 (BV=$300)
- 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Aspirations #106 Jason Heyward AU/100 (BV=$250)
- 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Gold Refractors #BDPP54 Jason Heyward /50 (BV=$300)
- 2007 Bowman Sterling Prospects #JH Jason Heyward AU (BV=$150)
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP121 Jason Heyward AU (BV=$120)
- 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #106 Jason Heyward AU/750 (BV=$120)
Note: You should expect to pay over book for one of the lower numbered autos. I would also suggest buying one of the many BGS 9.5 Bowman Sterling's Auto simply do to the fact that 90% of them have graded out at a 9.5. Because of this factor, it's worth paying a little more to assure the condition and preservation of your card. Also, bear in mind that the listed book values will inevitably sky rocket now that he is playing in the Majors.
Here Are 5 Jason Heyward's I Do Not Suggest Buying:
- 2008 Topps AFLAC Auto (BV=$300)- This is due to the fact that it's an easy target for forgery. They distributed blank ones that look identical and for this reason it's easy for someone to forge his signature on one. Like Rookie Premier Autos, they are unfortunately easy to counterfeit as well. If this is a "must have" card for you, then wait for a PSA/DNA one to hit eBay, it will cost you a ton more, but it will at least assure the authenticity of the card. Another problem I've had with AFLAC's is the condition of the corners tends to be fairly poor.
- 2007 Bowman Draft Head of the Class Dual Autograph #GH Jonathan Gilmore/Jason Heyward ($150)- Even when the combo either makes sense or they both end up good, it just isn't very appealing to have only half the card designated to the player you want. Imagine if you were standing in line to get Jason Heyward to sign a baseball and right after he signed it gets passed to Derek Lowe who also signs it. Derek Lowe is a good player, but he just ruined your Jason Heyward autographed ball!
- 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Turn of the Century #169 Jason Heyward Auto /169 ($150)- Although the print run is low, I would shoot for either a graded regular Elite Auto or grab either the Aspirations or Status Die Cut Auto's.
- 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Picks #BDPPP54 Jason Heyward ($15)-You can find one of these at anytime or anywhere, always focus on the "finite" cards first, as you can get one now or 10 years from now. On the other-hand, finite cards often disappear into private collections or the book value goes through the roof. Go finite first and worry about cards like this later.
- Justifiable and Tristar Heyward Auto's- These cards are ugly and misfit. I wasted a lot of money when I was putting my 2002 Joe Mauer Auto collection on his Just Minors and Justifiable Autos. They are ugly and simply not worth chasing. I can't stand flipping through my Mauer collection and seeing them next to my Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto RC and Bowman's Best Gold Auto.
Tips on How to Find a Heyward Auto at Good Price on eBay:
- Search several different combinations: "Jason Heyward Auto", "Heyward Auto", Braves Heyward", "Jason Heyward RC", "Heyward Rookie Card", "Jason RC Heyward", Braves Rookie Heyward", "Hayward", and various other combinations.
- Search "Buy It Now" instead of "Auctions", most people like the excitement of an auction and don't realize that the only reason the bids are so low is because everyone is planning to bid in the last minutes of the auction, skyrocketing the selling price.
- It only appears that there are no good "Buy It Now" cards. The reason is because they get bought right away. The key is constantly monitor the "Newly Listed" cards. Eventually someone will throw one on their at an insanely low price! They either don't realize the value of their card or need money ASAP.
I usually don't put multiple eBay auctions below, but since Heyward's are going fast, I am going to put several in hopes that it helps you find a great deal. If you can't find one below, try using the tips I gave you on the actual eBay site. Good Luck!