Oscar Taveras Game-Used Memorabilia Headed to Auction, Proceeds to Support Family
The death of Oscar Taveras and his girlfriend, Edilia Arvelos, in a car crash in October was a tragedy that many are still feeling. Now, some high-end pieces of one-of-a-kind Oscar Taveras memorabilia are headed for the auction block with proceeds going to help his family.
The consigner, a big St. Louis Cardinals fan, is donating their portion of the proceeds from nine lots to the Taveras family. The sale, which is being handled by Goldin Auctions, runs from January 12 to February 5 as part of their 2015 Winter Auction.
Among the pieces is the ball from Taveras' first MLB home run (also his first hit), signed cleats and the fielding glove from his first game with the Cardinals, a St. Louis 2014 postseason jersey and a pair of championship rings from 2010 and 2011 while in the minors.
"As a big fan of the Cardinals and the young star, our consigner wanted to do something to help the Taveras family," said Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions, in a press release. "We commend him for his thoughtfulness and hope our bidders can help him make a large donation to the Taveras family."
Here are full details on all nine of the Oscar Taveras lots being sold by Goldin Auctions:
- 2010 Johnson City Cardinals Championship Ring
- 2011 Quad City River Bandits Championship Ring
- MLB-Authenticated Oscar Taveras First Hit/Home Run Signed Ball
- Game-Worn and Signed 2014 St. Louis Cardinals Postseason Jersey
- Game-Used and Signed Louisville Slugger S318 Model Bat (PSA/DNA GU10)
- Game-Worn and Signed/Inscribed Cleats from MLB Debut Game (JSA LOA)
- Games-Used and Signed Chandler OT19 Model Bat (PSA/DNA GU 8.5)
- Game-Worn and Signed Rawlings Fielder's Glove from MLB Debut
- 2014 Oscar Taveras Debut Game-Used and Signed Batting Gloves (PSA/DNA)
2012 OSCAR TAVERAS TEXAS LEAGUE TOP PROSPECT ST LOUIS CARDINALS SPRINGFIELD RARE
Oscar Taveras 2013 Panini National Cracked Ice 25 BGS Graded 9.5 GEM *L93
OSCAR TAVERAS 2013 BOWMAN STERLING AUTO AUTOGRAPH SP