Historic Sports Memorabilia Auction at the National
Heritage Auction expects to hear many high-dollar bids in their upcoming Chicago Signature Vintage Sports Collectibles Platinum Auction to be held at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago. The auction will feature some amazing items. The fact that it coincidences with the biggest sports collectible's event of the year, could lead to frenzied bidding.
The many one-of-a-kind items, highlights include:
- 1934 Lou Gehrig Tour of Japan Game-Worn Uniform
- Frederick "Fuzzy" Thurston's 1967 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl II Championship Ring (read our article about why the ring is being auctioned)
- 1908 Cy Young Game-Worn Boston Red Sox Uniform
- 1939 Inaugural Hall of Fame Induction Class Signed First Day Cover - signed by G.C. Alexander, Ty Cobb, Eddie Collins, Walter Johnson, Larry Lajoie, Connie Mack, Babe Ruth, Tris Speaker, George Sisler, J. Honus Wagner and Cy Young (twice)
- 1910 T206 Honus Wagner card
- 1989 Michael Jordan NBA All-Star Game Worn & Signed Sneakers
- 2009 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Ring
- 1972 Pete Maravich Triple-Signed Last Will & Testament
- 1978 Muhammad Ali's Personal "Three Times World Champion" Ring
- 1937 Bobby Jones Personal Augusta Green Jacket
There are currently 102 featured lots in this monumental auction. Online bidding begins on July 16th and the actual auction will take place on August 4th at the National. Visit the Heritage Auction website for more information on the auction or on any of the items.