2011 World Series Gear Headed to Baseball Hall of Fame
After the thrilling series ended on Friday night, the Baseball Hall of Fame wasted no time in getting some of the most important items from the 2011 World Series.
The items included various memorabilia pieces from some of the biggest contributors during the Cardinals' World Series win:
- The jersey worn by World Series MVP, David Freese during Game 6. The jersey was torn to shreds by teammates as they congratulated him after his walk-off homer that sealed the win. Only part of the jersey was recovered.
- The bat used by Freese to hit the game-winning homer in Game 6.
- The bat used by Lance Berkman during the entire World Series.
- Spikes from Albert Pujols during Game 3 when he set a World Series record with 14 total bases and tied another record with three home runs.
- The bat used by Allen Craig when he hit a home run which broke a 2-2 tie in Game 7.
- The caps worn by manager, Tony La Russa, and pitching coach, Dave Duncan.
Although the Texas Rangers came up short for the second season in a row, key pieces from their playoff run were also acquired for the collection. These include:
- The jersey worn by Adrian Beltre during Game 4 of the ALDS when he hit three home runs.
- The bat and batting gloves used by Nelson Cruz when he hit the Game 2 walk-off grand slam.
- The jersey worn by Nelson Cruz when he his sixth home run of the postseason during Game 6 of the ALCS.
The Senior Director of Communications and Education, Brad Smith, was responsible for the acquiring the items and bringing them back to Cooperstown.
The items will be officially revealed to the public on October 31st and put on display beginning November 19th.
2001 BOWMAN ALBERT PUJOLS ROOKIE
Albert Pujols 500th Homerun - Angels Vs. Nationals 4 22 - Ticket Stub
Albert Pujols 5000 Count Baseball Card Lot HUGE Cardinals Angels
ALBERT PUJOLS 500 HOME RUNS OFFICIAL COMMEMORATIVE MLB PATCH 100% AUTHENTIC
2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols 2 card LOT - PSA 9
2004 Flair Albert Pujols 3CLR PATCH Cardinals 48 50 *GC1A