Baseball Memorabilia Auction Totals Over $9.5 Million in Sales
The yearly sports auction by Robert Edward Auctions (REA) is a premiere event for baseball cards and memorabilia, and this year was no different. REA has released the final numbers from their May 7th auctions and the 1,743 lot auction combined for $9.532 million in sales.
Among the many highlights of the auction, several items stood above the rest. The items are listed below and include final bidding prices.
- 1938 Lou Gehrig New York Yankees Game-Used Road Jersey ($329,000)
- 1910 T210 Old Mill Joe Jackson ($199,750)
- 1909-1911 T206 Honus Wagner ($188,000)
- 1925-1929 Lou Gehrig Pro-Model Bat ($176,250)
- 1909-1911 T206 Eddie Plank - PSA VG-EX 4 ($94,000)
- 1919 Jake Daubert Cincinnati Reds World Series Pin ($82,250)
- 1889 E. R. Williams Base Ball Game Playing Cards Complete Set ($70,500)
- 1916 Joe Jackson Signed Voucher ($64,625)
- 1887 N690 Kalamazoo Bats, Jim O'Rourke ($58,750)
- 1914 Johnny Evers Boston Braves World Series Ring ($52,875)
- 1933 R319 Goudey #106 Napoleon Lajoie - PSA 8 ($52,875)
Additionally, a 1977 New York Yankees team-signed ball containing 34 signatures attracted the most bids with 53 and sold for $22,325.
Final sales information reveals that the average lot sold for $5,742 and 53 lots each sold for over $25,000. On average, all lots more than doubled their high-end estimates. Only two of the 1,742 lots did not sell. A total of 25,638 bids were placed, resulting in 648 different winning bidders.
2003 Topps Chrome Traded #T210 Wilton Reynolds FY RC - NM-MT
2003 Topps Chrome Traded Refractors #T210 Wilton Reynolds FY
2004 Topps Chrome Traded Refractors #T210 Damaso Espino FY
2002 Topps Traded #T210 Nathan Haynes - NM-MT