2013 Fleer Retro Football CardsBrand: Fleer
Can we ever get too much nostalgia? Upper Deck delves deeper into the eclectic Fleer archives for 2013 Fleer Retro Football. It features a new configuration that focuses more on inserts and less on autographs. It's not that autographs are disappearing, but there's a greater push on quality over quantity.
For many, the big draw once again are the inserts that make Fleer Retro retro. Every box comes with four premium inserts based on rarities released by Fleer in the late 1990s. Here's a list of what to expect:
- 1997 SkyBox Premium Players (1:120 packs)
- 1997-98 SkyBox Z-Force Rave Review (1:180 packs)
- 1998 Touchdown Royalty (1:36 packs)
- 1998 Ultra Exclamation Points (1:360 packs)
- 1998-99 Fleer Tradition Electrifying (1:72 packs)
- 1999 EX Century Football Essential Credentials Future
- 1999 EX Century Football Essential Credentials Now
- 1999 Fleer Tradition Under Pressure (1:108 packs)
- 1999 Flair Showcase Shrine Time (#/25)
- 1999 Fleer Focus Wondrous (1:90 packs)
- 1999 Metal Universe Quasars (1:54 packs)
- 1999 Metal Universe Planet Metal (1:144 packs)
- 2000 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection (#/150)
- 2000 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Masterpiece (1/1)
Every pack comes with a Metal Universe card. Rookies and legends are split evenly with each landing 1:2 packs. These also come with Precious Metal Gems parallels, which fall under the promised premium inserts. 2013 Fleer Retro Football introduced three new colors to the PMG rainbow: Teal (#/50), Magenta (#/5) and Gold (1/1). Collectors can also find Red (#/100), Blue (#/50) and Green (#/10) PMGs for new players.
Other more common basic inserts in 2013 Fleer Retro Football include 1999 Flair Showcase (1:2 packs) and 1999 EX Century (1:6 packs).
Boxes come with a pair of signed cards. This a drop from six in 2012 Fleer Retro Football. Despite this, many now come with on-card signatures. Among the hard-signed cards are Greats of the Game Autographs and Prime Time Rookie Autographs. These rookies, which are based on a 1999 SkyBox Premium design, are numbered to 75 and 75. Base set Legends Autographs parallels are also signed directly on the card. Other signature sets in 2013 Fleer Retro Football are 1992 Rookie Sensations Autographs and base Rookie Autographs parallels.
The 2013 Fleer Retro Football has 100 cards.
Estimated Release Date: 3/25/14
Product Configuration: 18 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
Price Point: High-End Football Card
Target Audience: Nostalgic Collectors, Fans of 1990s Inserts, Autograph Collectors, PMG Collectors
2013 Fleer Retro Football Box Break
- 2 Autographs
- 18 Metal Universe Inserts
- 3 EX Cenntury Inserts
- 9 Flair Showcase Inserts
- 4 Additional Retro-Themed Premium Inserts
- 90 Total Cards
|2013 Upper Deck Fleer Retro Football Factory Sealed Hobby Box - 2 Autos per Box||$119.95|
|2013 Upper Deck Fleer Retro Football Hobby Box||$119.95|
|3 BOX LOT : 2013 Upper Deck Fleer Retro Football Factory Sealed Hobby Boxes||$349.95|
|2013 Upper Deck Fleer Retro Football Hobby 12-Box Case||$1,319.95|