2011-12 Score Hockey CardsBrand: Score
When Panini resurrected Score Hockey last year, a lot of the release was based in nostalgia. The base set borrowed from the brand's debut release two decades earlier, a lot of the inserts were retreads and the hottest cards were buybacks. Although there's still plenty of familiarity in 2011-12 Score Hockey, Panini's freshened up the look and added some all-new inserts. A clean base card design, plenty of inserts and a low price make Score a strong option for collectors looking for good value or younger collectors getting into the hobby on a strict allowance.
Product Configuration: 36 packs per box
Price Point: Low-End Hockey Card
Target Audience: Set Builders, Young Collectors, Rookie Card Collectors, NHL Fans, Collectors on a Budget
2011-12 Score Hockey Box Break
- 18 Hot Rookies Short Prints
- 36 Glossy Parallels
- One Gold Rush Parallel
- Three Making an Entrance
- Three Net Cam
- Two Sudden Death
- One First Goal
- One Playoff Heroes
- One NHL Shield Die-Cut
- 500-card base set includes 45 regular Hot Rookies and additional rookie card short prints of players debuting early in the new season. Other subsets spotlight both regular season and playoff highlights.
- Parallels: Glossy (one per pack), Gold Rush (1:36), Black Ice (one per case).
- Recollection Collection features autographed buybacks from such players as Mark Messier, Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy and Steve Yzerman.
- Additional autograph inserts: Hot Rookies Autographs and Score Signatures.
- Long-time hockey card collectors will likely connect with the Franchise Retro and Pinnacle B-inspired Score B inserts.
- Other inserts: First Goal, Making An Entrance, Net Cam, NHL Shield Die-Cut, Playoff Heroes and Sudden Death.
- Scarce Stanley Cup Champs and Santa Claus cards, as well as a surprise insert.
2011-12 Score #552 Mika Zibanejad HR SP RC
Lot of (20) Cody Hodgson RC 2011 11-12 Score Hot Rookie #533 Buffalo Sabres
11-12 Score Rookie Autograph #530 Ben HOLMSTROM
11-12 Score Rookie Autograph #513 Hugh JESSIMAN