2010-11 NBA All-Rookie Card Teams
Team placement wasn't based on any single card, rather a combination of a rookie's performance both on the court and in the hobby.
Before we get to the teams, below is a quick look at the season's top 5 on-court performers and top 5 hobby performers.
Top 5 On-Court Performers (PPG + RPG + APG):
- Blake Griffin - 38.4
- John Wall - 29.3
- DeMarcus Cousins - 25.3
- Greg Monroe - 18.2
- Landry Fields - 18
Top 5 Hobby Performers (Based on season long eBay sales observations):
- Blake Griffin
- John Wall
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Derrick Favors
- Evan Turner
Blake Griffin was the clear-cut leader in terms of both stats and hobby performance. Coming into the season, John Wall was the favorite in both categories.
The player that benefited the most from a strong hobby performance was Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors. Collectors were intrigued by the high upside of the skilled Wake Forrest alum despite the fact that fellow big men Greg Monroe, Paul George and Ed Davis each finished with a more impressive stat-line.
Fellow Jazz forward Gordon Hayward also benefited greatly from hobby interest. Hayward's cult hero status from his Butler days made him a fan favorite. Hayward barely edged out Rockets rookie and ex-Wild Cat Patrick Patterson for the final forward spot on the 3rd team.
NBA All-Rookie Card 1st Team
- F - DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings(14.1 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 2.5 APG)
- F - *Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers(22.5 PPG, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG)
- F - Derrick Favors, Utah Jazz(6.8 PPG, 5.3 RPG, .9 BPG)
- G - Landry Fields, New York Knicks(9.7 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 1.9 APG)
- G - John Wall, Washington Wizards(16.4 PPG, 8.3 APG, 4.6 RPG)
NBA All-Rookie Card 2nd Team
- F - Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons(9.4 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.3 APG)
- F - Paul George, Indiana Pacers(7.8 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 2 BPG)
- F - Evan Turner, Philadelphia 76ers(7.2 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 2 APG)
- G - Wesley Johnson, Minnesota Timberwolves(9 PPG, 3 RPG, 1.9 APG)
- G - Eric Bledsoe, Los Angeles Clippers(6.7 PPG, 3.6 APG, 2.8 RPG)
NBA All-Rookie Card 3rd Team
- F - Ed Davis, Toronto Raptors(7.7 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1 BPG)
- F - Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz(5.4 PPG, 1.9 RPG, 1.1 APG)
- F - Al-Farouq Aminu, Los Angeles Clippers(5.6 PPG, 3.3 RPG, .7 APG)
- G - Jordan Crawford, Washington Wizards(11.7 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 2.8 APG)
- G - Gary Neal, San Antonio Spurs(9.8 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 1.2 APG)
Honorable Mention: Patrick Patterson, Ekpe Udoh, Manny Harris, Trevor Booker, Damion James, Larry Sanders, Xavier Henry, Tiago Splitter, Luke Harangody, Timofey Mozgov, James Anderson, Greivis Vasquez, Quincy Pondexter, Devin Ebanks
* = Blake Griffin's rookie cards were produced during the 2009-10 basketball card season.
** Each player is linked to current eBay autographed card auctions.